I'm nobody's favorite mistake
I've got to get rid of the sickening weight
I'm too loud for love, I'm too much for company
They don't like my full version, only short listed get in
I feel everything so deeply, got a warrior in me
Every room I walk in turns into anxiety
Looks like it's the cause but I'm not diagnosed
You wonder why my ton of voice is overly exposed
Refren
I'm that wave that breaks the harbor
Lost prayer in the monastery
I wanted to get lost in your echos
But your church didn't pray for me
I wish I had the power to reach the mountains
Somewhere behind the wolf's and trees
Where I could run away from the sentence
"I'm sorry you're just too much for me"
And that's what you say to me
It's what everyone does ..
Verse 2
I trace the cracks inside the silence,
Like stained glass falling through my heart
Can you feel my words are closer
To the place you've left behind?
I tried to learn your language,
But my voice kept turning into smoke
And every door I saw wild open
Was closing for me, letting me go
Refren
I'm that wave that breaks the harbor
Lost prayer in the monastery
I wanted to get lost in your echos
But your church didn't pray for me
I wish I had the power to reach the mountains
Somewhere behind the wolf's and trees
Where I could run away from the sentence
"I'm sorry you're just too much for me"
And that's what you say to me
It's what you say to me..
Bridge
I tried to learn your language,
but my voice kept turning into smoke,
and every door I saw wide open
was a painful lesson in letting me go...
If I tore out all my thunder,
would you finally call it peace?
If I push you a little bit harder,
Would you get out of your comfort zone to finally see me?
Or do you only love the silence
when it’s easier to leave?
I’ve been burning sages in slow prophecy,
a sign no one wants to see,
half a ghost, half a version I used to be,
Am I just too loud for your reality,
But very dangerous for your peace...
For your peace
Нема коментара:
Постави коментар